LIKE US

Liked us?

Wednesday, 1 February 2017

7 DANGEROUS HOUSEHOLD ITEMS YOU SHOULD THROW AWAY NOW



7 DANGEROUS HOUSEHOLD ITEMS YOU SHOULD THROW AWAY NOW

Common household items like air fresheners, deodorant, and cleaners are actually harmful for our health. Below is the list of items you may want to avoid buying:

dangerous-household-items

1. AIR FRESHENERS AND PERFUMES

Many air fresheners and perfumes contain nerve-deadening agents that coat nasal passages and temporarily block the sense of smell. Toxins found in air fresheners can accumulate in the body over the time. According to the Natural Resources Defense Council those toxins may affect hormones and are harmful for skin health.

2. DEODORANT / ANTIPERSPIRANTS


Spraying antiperspirants over skin inhibits our bodies natural process of ejecting pollutants such as toxic metals like arsenic, cadmium, lead, and mercury. Aluminum, which is the most active ingredient in deodorants, blocks sweat glands and can be absorbed by the skin and then starts to act like a hormone called estrogen which is linked to cancer.

3. ANTIBACTERIAL SOAPS

For many years, antibacterial cleaners were assumed the safe and more effective way to ward of harmful diseases and bacteria. However the triclosoan present in these soaps are actually harmful. According to the FDA, it can be linked to creating antibiotic-resistant bacteria and is not biodegradable. Triclosan is easily absorbed through the skin and associated with liver damage.

4. PLASTIC CONTAINERS

Plastic containers often turns cloudy after running through the dishwasher a few times. It’s because the plastic wears down over time and when they are exposed to hard use or high temperatures like in microwaves or dishwashers, it can release toxic Substances into food. It’s safe to transfer prepared foods into a glass container before heating them in the microwave.

5. CLEANING PRODUCTS

Many of the cleaners contain corrosive alkalis, which can have harmful effects on gastrointestinal track and respiratory system if inhaled or ingested. Natural cleaning products like baking soda, Borax, soap powder, vinegar, lemon works just as well.

6. NON-STICK PANS

The coating that makes pans non-stick is called PFOA. When PFOA heats up, it releases toxic gasses that have been linked to cancer and other harmful health effects. The pan’s non-stick coating can scratch off into food. Always remember to buy non-stick cookware labelled POFA-free. Instead of Non-Stick Pans, you can also use cast iron or stainless steel cookware, and natural, non-stick sprays such as olive oil.

7. COTTON EAR BUDS



Cotton swabs are often used for ear care. Cleaning ear using cotton swabs can damage the eardrum present inside the ear. Because eardrum is very fragile, it can be easily ruptured by using even the gentlest of pressure when using a cotton swab. This allow bacteria to slip past the damaged tissue into inner ear.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment here...

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Don't You Think this Awesome Post should be shared ??
| 7 DANGEROUS HOUSEHOLD ITEMS YOU SHOULD THROW AWAY NOW |