How To “Dress to Impress” According to Your Body Type
After you read all of this, you can show it to your husband, so he finally understands why you are spending so much time shopping.Ladies, if you want to dress to impress, you should know your body’s shape and also to understand what styles and designs are most flattering for you.Every woman has a different body type and belongs to any of four categories:
- Apple Body Type
- Pear Body Type
- Straight Body Type
- Hourglass Body Type
You can determine to which category you belong, depending on your curves. In this way you can find the best clothes that suit you.
Firstly, you need to pay attention to your curves. Focus on how they connect your hips, waist, and bust. The next thing is to measure the sizes of the hip, waist, and bust. You can determine in which body shape category you belong to, depending on the sizes.
The most typical size in all of the Western countries is 36”-24”-36”.
Don’t feel pressured to fit into the shoes of these measurements.
Now when you know how to determine your body type, let’s dress you up.
Always try to draw attention away from the midriff. How?
- The details should be on the lower and top third of the body
- Draw attention to the bust and neck
- Avoid wearing belts and dresses
- Wear more flared pants and bottoms to draw attention away from the midriff
- Dark colors are perfect for you
- Draw the attention away from the waist and shoulders
- Wear tops covering the curves on the middle section.
Minimizing the attention to your lower half and focusing on adding to your bust and shoulder area will do the trick.
- Balance your top with your bottom to look perfectly
- Wear tops that “show off” your shoulders more
- Avoid pants that will narrow your legs
- Wear the right bra size. Push-up bra for adding up extra curves on the top is not a bad idea
- Straight-leg pants with heels are your perfect bottom option. Try slightly flared pants to see what happens
The most beautiful natural curve, so dress to make them more visible and noticeable.
- Follow the outline of the body by wearing a dress which shows the curves.
- Wear supportive bra to make the breasts perky, not saggy
- Balance the top and the bottom
- Put a focus on the waist and show off the curves as much as possible
- Wear dresses and tops with V-neck, especially if you have big bust, but don`t wear necklaces.
Straight body type
You need to wear clothes that showcase your curves. But, be careful, though:
- Exaggerated curves to avoid looking too thin
- Add texture and little bit of volume to your figure with frills and ruffles
- Avoid track clothes and baggy jeans
- Enjoy and feel comfortable in mini skirts to show your high and straight legs
- Wear belts and dresses that will add a little pinch at your waist